Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I've Always Liked Books About 'Hidden History' - the Facts You Don't Know Anything About!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I'm beginning to think that I am taking one step forward and two steps back as regards the pace of my reading. I only mean that I thought I was doing so well last month having read two books, then this month I've been stumped by what I wanted to read next. I have at least four books on my radar at the moment, but I can't seem to choose which one to read.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 243 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! As a matter of fact, I just received another six-pack of sum-doku puzzles through the afternoon mail on Tuesday, May 9th! So far, I've done 94 sum-doku puzzles in one book and 18 in a completely fresh book that I started ten days ago - on Sunday, June 25th!

While we usually don't do much to celebrate the 4th of July, Mareena and I do have hotdogs for lunch and watch a movie every year. I suppose that it's become something of a tradition for us. Well, the movie that we chose to watch on Tuesday, July 4th was a horror movie released in 2017 called Camera Obscura. The movie was actually much better than we were both expecting, and although the ending was slightly 'obscure', I think that it was a deliberate choice to do so.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love: A Novel by Joan Mendlicott, which I finished on Monday, June 18th! I just started reading Tutankhamun: The Untold Story by Thomas Hoving on Monday, July 3rd and am really enjoying reading it so far. It's very intriguing.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)