Thursday, June 15, 2017

We Still Haven't Found Time to go to the Library, Which is Surprising!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I'm finally getting back into a fairly regular reading routine this month, thank goodness for that! Granted, my reading pace isn't completely back to normal yet, but at least I'm reading more than a book a month - lol! I do feel a little bit like I'm in constant catch-up mode, though - :)

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 223 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! As a matter of fact, I just received another six-pack of sum-doku puzzles through the afternoon mail on Tuesday, May 9th! So far, as of this morning, I have done approximately 74 sum-doku puzzles in the newest puzzle book that I have started most recently.

I have also been doing a number of jigsaw puzzles as well. After I finished the 500-piece puzzle of the four cats playing on someone's desk in a study somewhere, I immediately started in on the box of ten jigsaw puzzles that I purchased on Friday, April 14th! I don't know if I have finished all the puzzles as yet, but I think that I'm well on my way to doing that.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Celestial Navigation by Anne Tyler which I finished on Monday, June 12th! I immediately started reading The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love: A Novel by Joan Mendlicott. Mareena told me that this was the second surprise 'just because' gift that she wanted me to have for June. She thought that since I had enjoyed the first book by Joan Mendlicott that I had read, I would enjoy reading her second choice for me.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)