Saturday, March 21, 2015

Norah Lofts - The Deadly Gift

Reread. The Deadly Gift by Norah Lofts (1967)
(Originally Published as: Afternoon of an Autocrat) (1956)
Length: 317 pages
Genre: Horror
Originally Read: 28 September 2010
Reread Finished: 21 March 2015
Where did it come from? Originally from Paperback Swap, then from my "keeper" shelf.

Despite starting to read several books in the past few weeks, I've not really gotten back into the flow of my reading as yet. I've just recently finished my fourth jigsaw puzzle on Sunday night, March 15th! I think I'm finished for now, and I really would like to start reading again. I thought I might as well start with a reread for me from almost five years ago.

I love Norah Lofts as an author, and had actually read The Deadly Gift for the first time about twenty years ago. Since then, Mareena got a copy for me as a 'just because' gift from Paperback Swap in April of 2009. Although I received my copy on April 4, 2009, I didn't actually read it until September of 2010. It took me eight days - from September 20th to September 28th - to finish reading it.

I decided to read this book for the third time in March of 2015 - over four days, from March 17th to March 21st. I'm definitely going to be keeping this book.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)