Saturday, November 1, 2014

Reading Wrap-up For October at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out October with 1,033 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 1,021 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Paperback Swap, Bookmooch and authors.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- Now You Know by Kitty Dukakis and Jane Scovell

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber
- The House on Hope Street by Danielle Steel
- Slow Waltz in Cedar Bend: A Novel by Robert James Waller
- Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson
- The Moonflower Vine: A Novel by Jetta Carleton
- The Haunted by Bentley Little
- The Kennedy Women by Pearl S. Buck
- The Water Giver: The Story of a Mother, a Son, and Their Second Chance by Joan Ryan
- At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks
- Best Friends by Martha Moody
- Gallows Lane by Brian McGilloway

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Poisonous Animals by Seymour Simon
- Caroline, Caroline, What Are You Thinking? by Ronald L. Leonard
- The World of Caroline by Ronald L. Leonard
- The After House by Michael Phillip Cash

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :)) 
- Brood X: A Firsthand Account of the Great Cicada Invasion by Michael Phillip Cash
- Blood in the Water: An Alice Rice Mystery by Gillian Galbraith
- Final Scream by Lisa Jackson
- Diana: Story of a Princess by Tim Clayton and Phil Craig
- Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell
- Southern Cross by Patricia Cornwell
- Left to Die by Lisa Jackson
Requiem: Diana, Princess of Wales 1961-1997 - Memories and Tributes by Brian MacArthur
- Cold Dawn by Carla Neggers
- The Bodyguard's Story: Diana, the Crash, and the Sole Survivor by Trevor Rees-Jones and Moira Johnston
- Montana Sky by Nora Roberts
- River's End by Nora Roberts
- Most Likely to Die by Beverly Barton, Wendy Corsi Staub and Lisa Jackson
- The Wheat Field by Steve Thayer
- Aspen Gold by Janet Dailey
- The Glass Virgin by Catherine Cookson
- The LeBaron Secret by Stephen Birmingham
- Dreamthorp by Chet Williamson
Never Let Them See You Cry: More From Miami, America's Hottest Beat by Edna Buchanan
- One Ball Knits Purses: 20 Stylish Handbags Made with a Single Ball, Skein, Hank or Spool by Fatema Habibur-Rahman, Khadija Habibur-Rahman and Hajera Habibur-Rahman
- Faithless by Karin Slaughter
- Envy by Sandra Brown
- Double Cross by James Patterson
- From the Corner of His Eye by Dean R. Koontz
- Till we Meet Again by Judith Krantz
- High Noon by Nora Roberts
- Mercy by Julie Garwood
- Post-Mortem by Patricia Cornwell
- Play Dirty by Sandra Brown
- No Witnesses by Ridley Pearson
- The Daughters of Cain by Colin Dexter
- The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth
- Final Appeal by Joanne Fluke
- Blood Brothers: The Inside Story of the Menendez Murders by John Johnson and Ron Sobel
- Shaman by Noah Gordon
- Quicksand by Iris Johansen
- Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow
- Duma Key by Stephen King
- Still Waters by Tami Hoag
- Middle of Nowhere by Ridley Pearson
- No. 9 Belmont Square by Margaret Erskine
The Sleeping Lady: The Trailside Murders Above the Golden Gate by Robert Graysmith
- Winter Prey by John Sandford
- We'll Meet Again by Mary Higgins Clark
- Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark
True Evil: A Novel by Greg Iles
- Who Killed my Daughter? by Lois Duncan
- Triptych by Karin Slaughter
- The Tenth Commandment by Lawrence Sanders 
- The Water Giver: The Story of a Mother, a Son, and Their Second Chance by Joan Ryan
- Grand Jury by Philip Friedman

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 12
Pages Read: 3,698
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was October. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)