Friday, October 25, 2013

Nancy Thayer - Belonging: A Novel

99. Belonging: A Novel by Nancy Thayer (1995)
Length: 341 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 20 October 2013
Finished: 25 October 2013
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap 
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 30 September 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Joanna Jones seems to have it all. As the successful host of a New York based television show - Fabulous Homes - Joanna is blessed with great looks. She has a wonderful lover and a job that gives her money and fame, while allowing her to indulge in her passion for beautiful homes. Today, Joanna has the life she's always dreamed of, tomorrow she just might lose it all...

Suddenly and shockingly, Joanna will discover what she doesn't have: a committed relationship she can depend on. Now she faces a stunning discovery alone and makes the tough decision to leave her glittering life in New York behind for a quaint Nantucket home with an ocean view. Joanna will soon discover new friends, and unexpected enemies. 

The choices ahead will test her courage; the surprising twists of fate will challenge her faith as she faces a day of ashes, a time of sorrow, and an extraordinary new chance for love, happiness, and...Belonging

This book was a good read for me; although, I must say that it was not as good as I was expecting. I found that the central character of the story just wasn't as sympathetic as she probably should have been - at least in my opinion. Anyway, I give Belonging: A Novel by Nancy Thayer a B+! I will certainly be reading more books by this author in the future; although perhaps not right away.

B+! - (89-85%)
   
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)