Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bentley Little - The House

96. The House by Bentley Little (1997)
Length: 360 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 9 October 2013
Finished: 15 October 2013
Where did it come from? Mareena downloaded this ebook from Amazon back in December of 2011 as an early Christmas present for me. Then I acquired a physical copy from Paperback Swap.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 17 December 2011 as an ebook; Since 9 October 2013 as a physical book.
Why do I have it? I like horror and have read and enjoyed The Resort by the same author in the past.

Five complete strangers from across America are about to come together and open the door to a terror they couldn't even begin to imagine. Inexplicably, four men and one woman are having heart-stopping nightmares which revolve around the houses where each of them were born. When terrifying events occur, each person is drawn to their identical childhood home to confront an ancient evil that dwells in a place they all call home - a sinister supernatural presence which has pursued them all of their lives, and is now closer than ever to claiming their souls.

I must say that after reading The Resort by Bentley Little, my expectations about reading this book were quite high. Perhaps they were slightly too high. Not that this book wasn't tremendously frightening - it certainly was. I just found that the story couldn't quite sustain the fear enough for me throughout the entire book. I think I would have preferred The House to be about fifty pages shorter. I give this book a B+!  

B+! - (89-85%)
    
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)