Sunday, September 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For August at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out August with 721 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 710 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Amazon, Feed Books, Bookmooch, Netgalley, Mareena also lent me a book of hers, and an author sent me his book to review. Mareena and I also went to a Library Book Sale on the 22nd to celebrate my birthday.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- Bloodroot by Amy Greene 
- Mindbend by Robin Cook
A Ship Made of Paper: A Novel by Scott Spencer
- The Red Scream: A Novel of Suspense by Mary Willis Walker 
- Deviltry Afoot by Carol Pritt 
- A Patchwork Planet: A Novel by Anne Tyler
Brood X: A Firsthand Account of the Great Cicada Invasion by Michael Phillip Cash
- The Sky is Falling: A Novel by Sidney Sheldon
- Sweetwater Creek by Anne Rivers Siddons
- Exceptional Acrostics to Keep You Sharp by Charles Preston
- From a Buick 8: A Novel by Stephen King

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- The Right Wrong Number: A Short Story by Barbara Delinsky
- Every Word: Crossings by Amazon Digital Services
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- The Grey Woman and Other Tales by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
- Curious, if True: Strange Tales by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
- Lady Audley's Secret by M. E. Braddon
- The Thing From the Lake by Eleanor M. Ingram
- The Thames Valley Catastrophe by Grant Allen
- The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- The Haunted House by Charles Dickens
- The Jewel of Seven Stars by Bram Stoker
- The Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker
- Ice Trap: A Novel of Psychological Suspense by Kitty Sewell
- Horn Pattern by Gretta Hines
- The 228 Legacy by Jennifer J. Chow
- Pray For us Sinners by Peter S. Fischer
- The Paradise Trees by Linda Huber
- Poor Little Dead Girls by Lizzie Friend
- The Back Road by Rachel Abbott
- Preservation Hall by Scott Spencer
- The Rich Man's Table by Scott Spencer
- The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler
- Bound by Blood and Brimstone by D. L. Dunaway 
- Two Sides of a Heartbeat by DeLaine Roberts
- Blue Ribbon Kappa Sudoku Puzzles Magazine: October 2013 by Kappa Press  
- All the Numbers: A Novel by Judy Merrill Larsen
- Black Cross by Greg Isles
- Brooklyn: A Novel by Colm Toibin
- Distant Echoes by Colleen Coble
- Don't Tell by Karen Rose
- Friend of the Devil by Peter Robinson
- The Geometry of Sisters by Luanne Rice
- The Hiding Place by David Bell
- House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
- In the Kitchen: A Novel by Monica Ali
- The Loop by Nicholas Evans
- Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane
- A New Song by Jan Karon
- One Simple Act: Discovering the Power of Generosity by Debbie Macomber
- Rescue: A Novel by Anita Shreve
- Sandcastles by Luanne Rice
- The Sea by John Banville
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Summer I Dared: A Novel by Barbara Delinsky
- The Way we Were: A Novel by Marcia Willett
- The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck
- Willing by Scott Spencer

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- Shock Talk: The Exorcist Files by Bob Larson
- Bloodprint: A Novel of Psychological Suspense by Kitty Sewell
- Nightshade by John Saul
- Mindbend by Robin Cook
- Kitchen Candlecrafting by Ruth Monroe
- Bloodroot by Amy Greene
- Coroner at Large by Thomas T. Noguchi, M. D. and Joseph DiMona
- North From Rome by Helen MacInnes
Island Murders by Wanda Canada
- Mystery of Hunting's End by Mignon G. Eberhart
- Brood X: A Firsthand Account of the Great Cicada Invasion by Michael Phillip Cash
- The Eighth Day by Brooke Leimas
- Exceptional Acrostics to Keep You Sharp by Charles Preston

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 11
Pages Read: 3,265
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was August. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)