Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Marcia Willett - The Way we Were: A Novel

85. The Way we Were: A Novel by Marcia Willett (2008)
Length: 416 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 1 September 2013
Finished: 4 September 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 22 August 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Marcia Willett is a new author for me.

It was during a snowstorm in February, 1976 when Tegan - known as Tiggy to her friends - arrived at the remote house on Bodmin Moor. She had lost her partner in a tragic accident and was now alone - and pregnant. Julia, her dearest friend, welcomed her into her warm and chaotic family, and Tiggy slowly started to live again. She awaited the birth of her child, temporarily secure in the supportive love which surrounded her. 

But Tiggy's happiness was destined to be short-lived. Now, nearly thirty years later, when her son is about to become a father himself, the next generation discovers that there are secrets from the past that must be uncovered... 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I liked the characters; the story itself, and the setting as well. I give this book an A! 

A! - (90-95%)
  
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)