Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jennifer Weiner - Best Friends Forever: A Novel

66. Best Friends Forever: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner (2009)
Length: 359 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 16 July 2013
Finished: 18 July 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Jennifer Weiner is a new author for me.

Adelaide Downs and Valerie Adler will be best friends forever - at least that's what Addie believes after Val moves in across the street when both girls are nine years old. But in the wake of a betrayal during their teenage years, Val is swept into the popular crowd, while a mousy, overweight and somber Addie becomes her school's scapegoat. 

Flash-forward fifteen years. Valerie Adler has found a measure of fame and fortune working as the weather girl at the local television station. Adelaide Downs lives alone in her parents' house in their small hometown of Pleasant Ridge, Illinois, caring for her brain damaged brother Jonathan and attempting to meet Prince Charming over the Internet. She returns one night from Bad Date Number Six, opening her door to find her long-ago best friend standing there; a terrified look on her face and blood on the sleeve of her coat.

"Something horrible has happened," Val tells Addie, "and you are the only one who can help." Sometimes the deepest bonds can never be broken, no matter how much Addie may wish that they could. 

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was an easy reading page-turner filled with interesting characters and an engaging plot. I give this book an A+! 

A+! - (96-100%)
 
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)