Thursday, July 4, 2013

Harrison Arnston - Trade-Off

59. Trade-Off by Harrison Arnston (1992)
Length: 369 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 2 July 2013
Finished: 4 July 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 15 February 2001
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Harrison Arnston is a new author for me.

Less than enthusiastic with the prospect of taking on yet another murder case in light of her failing marriage, attorney Laura Scott reluctantly agrees to represent John Slocum, a drifter who was discovered bent over the mutilated body of a local teenager. The case is simple enough, Laura thinks, until it suddenly takes a nightmarish turn. As the dark secrets of her client's past are revealed, Laura realizes that she is the only one who can ensure that justice will be served...but only if she gives up something in return. 

I have to say that this book was excellent! I had read it before, some time ago, but didn't remember any of the major plot points at all. The plot was extremely interesting and fast-paced, and the characters were sympathetically drawn. The book itself was very well-written and I will certainly be looking out for more books by Harrison Arnston to read in the future. I give this book a definite A+! 

A+! - (96-100%)
   
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)