Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mary Kinney Branson and Jack Branson - Murder in Mayberry: Greed, Death and Mayhem in a Small Town

19. Murder in Mayberry: Greed, Death and Mayhem in a Small Town by Mary Kinney Branson and Jack Branson (2008)
Length: 298 pages
Genre: True Crime
Started: 26 March 2011
Finished: 2 April 2011
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 25 March 2011
Why do I have it? I like true crime and have never actually heard of the Ann Branson case.

When town native Ann Branson was found murdered in her basement in Madisonville, Kentucky townspeople were shocked. Crimes like murder just didn't happen in Madisonville. It was unheard of. A retired federal agent, Ann's nephew Jack Branson will not let his aunt's case die; and it is unheard of to Jack that all clues in his aunt's murder start to point to a member of his own family.

I have to say that the plot of this true crime book was a little slow for me and even though the crime was horrible, the writing was somewhat fanciful in parts. I give this story a B+!


B+! - (89-85%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)