Monday, April 4, 2011

Joanna Trollope - The Best of Friends

20. The Best of Friends by Joanna Trollope (1995)
Length: 320 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 1 April 2011
Finished: 4 April 2011
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 31 March 2011
Why do I have it? I used to like Joanna Trollope as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Gina and Laurence had been childhood friends and were the best of friends as adults. They were never in love with each other, just the best of friends. Now, Gina was married to the worldly Fergus (who had changed his name from Leslie) and Laurence was married to Hilary. Both had children and seemingly idyllic lives.

Then, Fergus told Gina that he wanted a divorce. She was shattered and turned to Laurence for understanding; but what Laurence did for Gina endangered his own happy family. I loved this story. I thought it was very engrossing and I give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)