Saturday, April 9, 2011

Catherine Cookson - The Wingless Bird

22. The Wingless Bird by Catherine Cookson (1990)
Length: 383 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 6 April 2011
Finished: 9 April 2011
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 31 March 2011
Why do I have it? I generally like Catherine Cookson as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.


This is the story of Agnes Conway and her escape from a humdrum life in to a life of unexpected love. I have to say that although Catherine Cookson can be relied upon for good plots, she is somewhat repetitive in her phrasing and language style. I give this story a B+!



B+! - (89-85%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)