Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Robin Cook - Godplayer

17. Godplayer by Robin Cook (1983)
Length: 368 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 22 March 2011
Finished: 23 March 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 March 2011
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Robin Cook is a new author for me.

When Cassandra Cassidy meets Thomas Kingsley, it's love at first sight for both of them. Deeply in love, the two gifted doctors are soon married. As Cassandra's degenerative eye disease forces her to switch from her chosen field to psychiatry she tries to make the best of her situation.

Around other people he is wonderful, but as he begins a meteoric rise in the hospital, alone with her, Thomas is hostile and full of rage. Soon, the fairytale begins to crumble. Desperate to save her marriage, Cassandra spends more time around the hospital, which is being menaced itself. There is an 'Angel of Death' stalking and killing the terminal patients. Against her husband's furious objections, Cassandra takes it upon herself to catch a killer; the discovery of whom opens the floodgates of unimaginable horror.

I enjoyed this story more than I thought I would. I give it an A!



A! - (90-95%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)