Monday, March 21, 2011

Norah Lofts - The Little Wax Doll

16. The Little Wax Doll by Norah Lofts (1970)
(Originally Published as: The Devil's Own and The Witches) (1960)
Length: 256 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 19 March 2011
Finished: 21 March 2011
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 19 March 2011
Why do I have it? I love Norah Lofts as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.


You know what they say about things being too good? When Canon Thorby offers Deborah Mayfield a position as headmistress at a prestigious London school, a little cottage and a cat, she can hardly believe her good fortune. After twenty years as an African missionary and several years at a poor public London school, Miss Mayfield had really found her niche; or had she? I really enjoyed this story. Everything appears perfect but you get the feeling that sinister things could or will happen. I give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)