Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reading Wrap-up for April at Moonshine and Rosefire

 

Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out April with 651 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 645 books unread. All books this month came from Bookmooch and Paperback Swap.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile 


Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- Another View by Rosamunde Pilcher
- Down by the Water by Caroline Upcher
- Voices in Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher
- A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer by Nina Burleigh
- A Case of Need by Michael Crichton
- Nora, Nora by Anne Rivers Siddons

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- The Day of the Storm by Rosamunde Pilcher
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- Hidden Jewel by V. C. Andrews
- Honor Among Thieves by Jeffrey Archer
- Fatal Vision by Joe McGinniss
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry McMillan
- Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories by Rosamunde Pilcher
- The Ladies of Missalonghi by Colleen McCullough

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
Forgive Me by Amanda Eyre Ward
All I Could Get by Scott Lasser
Never Let Them See You Cry by Edna Buchanan
The Desert Crop by Catherine Cookson
The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
- Chocolate For a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart by Kay Allenbaugh
Unanswered Cries: A True Story of Friends, Neighbors and Murder in a Small Town by Thomas French
The Children of Abraham by Marek Halter
Looking For Rachel Wallace by Robert B. Parker
A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer by Nina Burleigh
The Times of my Life by Betty Ford
Doc: The Rape of the Town of Lovell by Jack Olsen

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 6
Pages Read: 1,934
Grade Range: A+! to B+!


So, there you go! The reading month that was April. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)