Monday, June 1, 2009

Norah Lofts - The Brittle Glass

5. The Brittle Glass by Norah Lofts (1942)
Length: 272 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 29 May 2009
Finished: 1 June 2009
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? 27 April 2009
Why do I have it? I like Norah Lofts as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Sorrel Kingaby took over her father's business in the 1800's - unheard of in those days. She is idolized by her dependents who also harbor much jealousy toward Sorrel as well. Sorrel falls in with a band of smugglers and falls in love with one of them, the resulting pregnancy leading to her being blackmailed by one of her family members.

I loved this story and give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)