Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anita Shreve - A Wedding in December

9. A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve (2005)
Length: 325 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 20 June 2009
Finished: 24 June 2009
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 13 June 2009
Why do I have it? I like Anita Shreve as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Bridget and Bill were high school sweethearts who rekindle their romance after 25 years. When they meet again, it is under bittersweet circumstances. Bridget has breast cancer and is not expected to live long. Bridget and Bill decide to get married, and seven of their high school friends assemble at a quaint Berkshire inn in Massachusetts to celebrate the wedding.

These seven friends had suffered a profound tragedy at the end of high school, and how they each deal with the aftermath of that tragedy forms the basis of A Wedding in December. I loved this book and I thought it had brilliant writing. I give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)