Friday, June 19, 2009

Nina Bawden - The Ice House

8. The Ice House by Nina Bawden (1983)
Length: 236 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 15 June 2009
Finished: 19 June 2009
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Nina Bawden is a new author for me.


This is the story of Daisy and Ruth, two women who have been the best of friends for over thirty years. When Daisy's husband dies, the revelation of a romantic secret may threaten Daisy and Ruth's friendship. I liked this story very much, but in my opinion it was a slightly anticlimactic finish. I give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)