Saturday, April 22, 2017

I'm Trying to Decide Which Book I Want to Read Next!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really been doing that much lately. I'm not sick anymore, but I just haven't been able to get back to my normal book-a-day reading style - falling behind to a book-a-month pace is just not my style! I had some really good news from my doctor on Thursday afternoon, so on my errand day the next day - Friday, April 14th - I decided to treat myself to a box of ten jigsaw puzzles.

I'm having some difficulty walking properly, but mentioning that to the doctor has only resulted in being told that she couldn't do anything more than prescribe Tylenol for me. I know that it sounds like she thinks I'm a hypochondriac or something, but that's not it: I'm just on a medication that would react badly with Advil. So, basically the only pain reliever that I can take is Tylenol.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 167 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! I have also started doing jigsaw puzzles again as well. So far, I've finished my giant box of twelve - on Saturday afternoon, April 8th - and started doing some puzzles that are already in my collection. Actually, I just finished one 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle of a turn-of-the-century town on Saturday afternoon, April 15th!

As for watching intriguing movies, Mareena and I watched The Day Reagan Was Shot and S. O. S. Titanic on television. The first movie was released in 2001, but was broadcast on the 'Decades Channel' on Thursday, March 30th! The second movie was originally broadcast over two days in September of 1979. It was broadcast on the 'Decades Channel' on Friday, April 14th - the 105-year anniversary of the sinking of the R. M. S. Titanic.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The Vanishing: A Novel by Wendy Webb which I finished on Wednesday, April 19th! I must say that I really enjoyed reading this book, despite taking such a long time to do so. I'm looking for a new book to read now, and so far nothing is catching my interest. I may have actually read too much!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)