Saturday, April 8, 2017

I'm Loving Watching the Movies on Cable!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really been doing that much lately. Actually, I really haven't been feeling all that well for the past couple of weeks. I do have a doctor's appointment next month, but since I keep a good eye on my blood sugar levels, I'm not all that worried about my diabetes.

I'm having some difficulty walking properly, but mentioning that to the doctor has only resulted in being told that she couldn't do anything more than prescribe Tylenol for me. I know that it sounds like she thinks I'm a hypochondriac or something, but that's not it: I'm just on a medication that would react badly with Advil. So, basically the only pain reliever that I can take is Tylenol.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 153 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! I have also started doing jigsaw puzzles again as well. So far - or as of Wednesday afternoon, April 5th, at least - I've done eleven jigsaw puzzles out of the giant box of twelve that I have.

As for watching intriguing movies, Mareena and I watched The Day Reagan Was Shot on television. The movie was actually released in 2001, but was broadcast on the 'Decades Channel' on Thursday night, March 30th. Apparently, Ronald Reagan was shot on March 30th, 1981. Since the 'Decades Channel' seems to broadcast many movies or television programs to commemorate major events or anniversaries, that movie seems particularly appropriate.

Actually, I must admit that even though the shock and fear experienced by the country was totally to be expected, I was still quite shocked to see just how much of a tailspin everything went into 'behind the scenes'. I mean nobody can really be fully prepared for an assassination attempt obviously, but oh my goodness, I wasn't expecting to see just how close the government came to utter chaos. At least, it seemed that way to me as I watched the movie.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The Doctor's Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Brundage which I finished on Friday, March 3rd! Actually, I have one other book by this author on my bookshelf already, although The Doctor's Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Brundage is the first book of hers that I have read. I suppose it makes sense since this was also Ms. Brundage's debut novel.

I just started reading The Vanishing: A Novel by Wendy Webb on Wednesday, March 29th! Actually, the book arrived in the afternoon mail two days before that. I was absolutely thrilled because I kept looking through my own library and nothing was really catching my attention.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)