Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sometimes I Rewrite Some of my Previous Reviews!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Actually, Mareena and I have been watching several very intriguing movies on television. As I have said before, we watched PBS' 'Masterpiece' television adaptation of Jane Austen's classic Northanger Abbey on Sunday, February 26th! Then, on Tuesday, February 28th, we decided to watch another movie on the 'On Demand' Channel called Ouija: Origin of Evil. While this movie was released in 2016, it is actually the prequel to a 2014 movie.

We had watched the DVD of Ouija several years ago - although, despite enjoying that movie very much - we were also curious about whether there would be a sequel to it, because we wanted to know more about the initial characters and their background. Well, we watched the prequel movie on Tuesday, February 28th! I have to admit that it dealt with the whole concept of possession and hauntings in an intriguing way.

Then yesterday afternoon - Saturday, March 11th - Mareena finally located a movie on the 'On Demand' Channel that she had told me about a week ago. She said that she could not recall the name of it, but that the movie was actually about a woman who moves into an apartment that may or may not be haunted. Anyway, since she knows that I have always enjoyed watching movies about haunted houses - just like I enjoy reading books about haunted houses - she thought that I would like to watch the movie.

Well, the movie was actually called Havenhurst and was released in 2016. It wasn't exactly what Mareena had described to me, but it was still very good. There was a subplot involving the first documented American serial killer, in modern times at least - H. H. Holmes - and was really quite intriguing.

Mareena and I had actually watched a documentary together about H. H. Holmes several years ago. There had been speculation put forward in that documentary that some of the places that he had frequented were actually haunted - not necessarily by his ghost, but by the spirits of some of his victims. According to this documentary, Holmes may or may not have been Jack the Ripper as well. To be perfectly honest - while I do believe in the paranormal - I'm not sure about those claims of Holmes' victims hauntings. Although the Jack the Ripper theory seemed highly plausible.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 126 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! I have also started doing jigsaw puzzles again as well.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The Doctor's Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Brundage which I finished on Friday, March 3rd! Actually, I have one other book by this author on my bookshelf already, although The Doctor's Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Brundage is the first book of hers that I have read. I suppose it makes sense since this was also Ms. Brundage's debut novel.

I have just started reading Psychward by Stephen B. Seager, M. D. this morning, Thursday, March 9th! This is a reread for me from approximately six and a half years ago. It is also the third book that I've actually reread, and I plan to rewrite my review. The last book that I revised the review of was Maeve Binchy's The Copper Beech. According to Goodreads - as of today, March 12th - I've actually read 70 pages out of 251 in Psychward by Stephen B. Seager; or approximately 28 percent.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)