Thursday, March 9, 2017

I'm Back to Rereading Some of my Books!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Actually, Mareena and I have been watching several very intriguing movies on television. As I have said before, we watched PBS' 'Masterpiece' television adaptation of Jane Austen's classic Northanger Abbey on Sunday, February 26th! Then, on Tuesday, February 28th, we decided to watch another movie on the 'On Demand' Channel called Ouija: Origin of Evil. While this movie was released in 2016, it is actually the prequel to a 2014 movie.

We had watched the DVD of Ouija several years ago - although, despite enjoying that movie very much - we were also curious about whether there would be a sequel to it, because we wanted to know more about the initial characters and their background. Well, we watched the prequel movie on Tuesday, February 28th! I have to admit that it dealt with the whole concept of possession and hauntings in an intriguing way.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 123 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! I have also started doing jigsaw puzzles again as well.

I am really getting my money's worth out of the box of twelve puzzles. I've already done all of them at least twice, and am planning on a third time sometime very soon. Actually, I'm only doing these puzzles again because some of them were missing several pieces and I was just checking on how many there were.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The Doctor's Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Brundage which I finished on Friday, March 3rd! Actually, I have one other book by this author on my bookshelf already, although The Doctor's Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Brundage is the first book of hers that I have read. I suppose it makes sense since this was also Ms. Brundage's debut novel.

I immediately started reading Mom Kills Kids and Self: A Novel by Alan Saperstein on Saturday, March 4th. I'm not quite sure what happened for me with this book, but I just couldn't get into the plot. I posted it on several book swapping websites that Mareena and I belong to on Monday, March 6th! I have just started reading Psychward by Stephen B. Seager, M. D. this morning, Thursday, March 9th! This is a reread for me from approximately six and a half years ago.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)