Friday, February 24, 2017

Maeve Binchy - The Copper Beech

Reread. The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy (1992)
Length: 391 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 31 January 2012
Reread Finished: 24 February 2017
Where did it come from? Originally from Bookmooch, then from my "keeper" shelf.

Well, after I had finished reading The Remains by Vincent Zandri on February 15th, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to read next. So I decided to do the same thing that I had done before - look through the contents of my "keeper" shelf. Since I had actually already reread Treasures by Belva Plain back in January of 2017 - and thoroughly enjoyed that book - I decided to choose one of my consistently favorite authors whose writing rarely disappoints me: Maeve Binchy. The book that captured my attention right away was The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy.

I started reading The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy again on February 18th! It was definitely a wonderful book for me to read; a true 'comfort read'! This was actually a reread for me from just about five years ago, after Mareena gave the book to me as one of her 'just because' gifts for January of 2012. Actually, I read this book for the first time over four days in January of 2012 - from January 27th, to January 31st!

My reread of the book took place over six days in February of 2017 - from February 18th, to February 24th! I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and have put it back on my "keeper" shelf. I definitely will be keeping this book to read again at some point in the future.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)