Saturday, January 31, 2015

Avery Corman - Kramer Versus Kramer

9. Kramer Versus Kramer by Avery Corman (1977)
Length: 247 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 30 January 2015
Finished: 31 January 2015
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 9 September 2014
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

There was a time during their marriage when Ted and Joanna Kramer were happy. There was a time when they loved each other deeply; and their brown-eyed, inquisitive four-year-old son Billy was the absolute light of their lives. The Kramers once considered themselves the luckiest couple with a perfect family.

Then came the day when Joanna Kramer abandoned her family and filed for divorce. Ted and Billy were left on their own; together, two against the world. Father and son. Caring and cared for, learning what loving and belonging are all about until there is a bond between them that absolutely nothing can break - except maybe a mother who, almost two years later, changes her mind and wants her little boy back...

What follows is a poignant novel about a very special kind of love - about what happens when a father and his son come together and what it means when they may have to part. This is a glowing novel that once read will never be forgotten.

This book was definitely very well-written and I really enjoyed reading it. I thought the story was certainly memorable and I found that the relationship between Ted and Billy was wonderfully portrayed. I would give this book an A+! 

I must say that Mareena and I watched the 1979 movie adaptation starring Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep about four or five years ago; whenever it was last on cable. I've actually seen the movie Kramer Versus Kramer twice, I think, but it was sometime before I read the book. I completely understand why the film won five Academy Awards, it was certainly very well cast.

A+! - (96-100%)   

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)