Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mary Alice Monroe - Sweetgrass

6. Sweetgrass by Mary Alice Monroe (2005)
Length: 433 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 16 January 2014
Finished: 18 January 2014
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 21 November 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and had read and enjoyed The Book Club by the same author in the past.

Sweetgrass is an historical tract of land that the Blakely family has called home for the past eight generations. But Sweetgrass - so named for the indigenous grass that grows in the area - is in trouble. Bulldozers are leveling the surrounding properties, and the Blakelys may be forced to sell the only thing that continues to hold their disintegrating family together. For some of Blakelys, the prospect of selling Sweetgrass is bittersweet - for others, it is completely unimaginable. But as the family finds the strength to stay and fight for their home, they slowly begin to realize that their bond as a family is truly all they need to stay together.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The story captured my attention from the very first page, drew me in and held me until the very end. I give this book a definite A+! and have already placed several of Ms. Monroe's other books on my Wish List.

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)