Monday, January 20, 2014

Kelsey Grammer - So Far...

7. So Far... by Kelsey Grammer (1995)
Length: 238 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started: 18 January 2014
Finished: 20 January 2014
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 18 January 2014
Why do I have it? I like autobiographies and wanted to learn more about Kelsey Grammer's life.

Everyone who has ever watched television, probably knows of the series Cheers, and of its successful spin-off, Frasier, where the Emmy Award-winning actor Kelsey Grammer played the role of psychiatrist Frasier Crane. What may not be so well-known to the public is more about the star's personal life. In a story that is provocative, heartwarming and hysterical, Kelsey Grammer finally sets the record straight on his often painful yet always uplifting life. Behind-the-scenes stories from his professional life makes Kelsey Grammer's personal story both highly entertaining and supremely insightful.

I must say that I knew little of Kelsey Grammer's life before I read his autobiography. I knew only of his substance abuse, and was vaguely aware of some of the loss he experienced. I had absolutely no idea that Kelsey Grammer had actually experienced such overwhelming tragedy in life.

Anyway, I found this book to be very well-written - very engaging, enlightening and humorous. I was quickly immersed in the author's story because of his easy writing style. I give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)
  
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)