Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mollie Hardwick - Upstairs, Downstairs III: The Years of Change

107. Upstairs, Downstairs III: The Years of Change by Mollie Hardwick (1974)
The Upstairs, Downstairs Series Book 3
Length: 239 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 14 November 2013
Finished: 17 November 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 25 July 2001
Why do I have it? I like historical fiction and Mollie Hardwick is a new author for me.

Shockwaves are felt at 165 Eaton Place as the aristocratic Bellamys' experience dangerous love, tragic loss, and shocking new liberties. From 1912 to 1914, the very foundations of the Bellamy family's splendid London mansion in Belgravia seemed to tremble when beautiful Lady Marjorie Bellamy embarked on a tragic ocean voyage...When dashing James Bellamy talked of marriage to a divorcee...When the distinguished Mr. Robert Bellamy was almost expelled from Parliament, and fell into the sensual clutches of a ravishing once-married woman...When an inexperienced servant witnessed the wrong gentleman emerging from a lady's bedchamber, and told the wrong person about it...

England was being swept along in the winds of change - and in the eye of such a perilous hurricane, the Bellamys must decide whether to move with the times, or try to preserve their sacred traditions.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I used to watch 'Upstairs, Downstairs' faithfully when it was on television in the 1970's, and reading The Years of Change by Mollie Hardwick brought me right back into that time period again. It was a pleasure for me to revisit these characters. I give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)   
  
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)