Friday, November 1, 2013

David Bell - Cemetery Girl

102. Cemetery Girl by David Bell (2011)
Length: 389 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 29 October 2013
Finished: 1 November 2013
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 28 October 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and have read and enjoyed The Hiding Place by the same author in the past.

Tom and Abby Stuart thought they had everything: a perfect marriage, successful careers, and a sweet, beautiful twelve-year-old daughter named Caitlin. Then one day Caitlin vanished without a trace. For a while they grasped at every false hope and followed every empty lead, hoping that Caitlin would be found safe. But the tragedy ultimately ended up changing their lives, overwhelming them with guilt and dread, and shattering their marriage. 

Four years later, Caitlin is found alive - dirty and disheveled yet eerily calm. She won't discuss where she was or what happened. And she is fundamentally changed by the ordeal. 

When the police arrest a suspect connected to Caitlin's disappearance, she refuses to testify against him. So the Stuarts are faced with a devastating choice: Let the man who may be responsible for destroying their lives walk away, or take matters into their own hands. And when Tom decides to try to uncover the truth for himself, he finds that nothing that has happened can possibly prepare him for what he is about to discover. 

In my opinion, this book was absolutely excellent! The story was extremely intriguing and captured my attention right from the beginning. It was a poignant book for me to read as well - fast-paced and well-written, holding my attention throughout the entire book. I give David Bell's debut novel a definite A+! 

A+! - (96-100%)
 
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

  1. Rosefire,
    I first learned of this book through Ms. Angie's blog from the Pittsburg Library that I follow. Now you review it, and I confess I'm hooked. I have to read this book now; it sounds thrilling yet sad.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carmen,
    I think that you'll enjoy reading this book - I certainly did! :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)