Monday, February 21, 2011

Anne Tyler - If Morning Ever Comes

9. If Morning Ever Comes by Anne Tyler (1964)
Length: 256 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 14 February 2011
Finished: 21 February 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 February 2011
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Anne Tyler as an author. I also have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Ben Joe Hawkes is a worrier. He has been raised in a family of women and during a phone call with his mother, he learns that one of his sisters has taken her baby and left her husband. Ben Joe's worry for his sister propels him home again; away from law school and stability to the confusion of childhood memories and unforseen love.

I enjoyed this book - Ms Tyler's first. In my opinion, it was a little light on plot but very well-written. I give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)