Friday, August 6, 2010

Belva Plain - Promises

44. Promises by Belva Plain (1996)
Length: 375 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 1 August 2010
Finished: 6 August 2010
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 August 2010
Why do I have it? I like Belva Plain as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Margaret Crane is a woman many others would envy. With her comfortable home, handsome husband, three beautiful children and rewarding teaching career, Margaret has the perfect life. She and Adam, her husband, have also raised an orphaned cousin, Nina, since her early childhood and she is now a sucessful young decorator in New York City. And yet...Adam is constantly working late at the office; long hours and too much stress Margaret attributes to rumors of a big company takeover as Adam draws away from her and his family. Then she meets Randi, The Other Woman.

Meanwhile, Nina is reveling in her life in New York City and her relationship with Keith, a brilliant investment banker who might not be all that he seems. As Nina clings to stolen weekends with Keith, Margaret plays the dutiful wife and tries to ignore the widening cracks in her marriage.

As both Margaret and Nina face heartbreaking choices in their lives, a rift develops between these two women who have loved each other like mother, daughter, friends. I truly enjoyed this book and give it an A+! 

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)