Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sheila Roberts - Love in Bloom: A Novel

53. Love in Bloom: A Novel by Sheila Roberts (2009)
The Heart Lake Series Book 2
Length: 320 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 26 August 2015
Finished: 30 August 2015
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 2015
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Sheila Roberts is a new author for me.

It all begins with an advertisement in the Heart Lake Herald. Hope Walker is definitely a fighter; a survivor who has always met the various adversities of life with a sunny disposition and a smile. She had survived breast cancer at just thirty years old, yet a mastectomy had left her with a lot of physical scarring, and a seriously battered self esteem. After all she has been through, Hope is perhaps understandably, fearful of dating.

She owns Heart Lake's most popular flower shop - 'Changing Seasons Floral' - and is renowned for her charming flower arrangements. Yes, when it comes to love and relationships, Hope is able to work a special type of magic through her expert flower arranging...for everyone else except herself. Then one day a handsome contractor starts coming into her shop - he's good-looking, charming, funny, even slightly flirty. In fact, he seems inordinately interested in flower arrangements, but Hope knows he'd rather have a whole woman than someone like her.

When Hope stakes a plot of ground in Heart Lake's community garden, she finds out that a woman can grow all sorts of things there: flowers, herbs, vegetables, and even friendship. As Hope gets to know the two women - Millie Baldwin and Amber Howell - who share the neighboring plots, all three women discover that they can learn a lot from one another. Their friendship may have started out swapping gardening tips, but it quickly blossoms into a strong and lasting bond - not just about gardening but also about life. And Hope realizes that in order to order to truly live life to the fullest, sometimes you have to take a chance on love.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I don't usually read romance novels, but this book was a different case, in my opinion. Yes, there was light romance, but the story also had a well-developed and intriguing plot to go with the romance. I was caught up in the story right away, and found it to be fairly easy reading for me - not too complicated or intricate. I would give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)