Sunday, October 15, 2017

We Haven’t Been to the Library in Quite a While!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Surprisingly, the pace of my reading was picking up appreciably and then I hit another reader’s block. Last month, I actually read a total of three books; then I fell into a slight reading slump. Mareena is still determined to locate some books for me, even though I keep telling her that I’m sure that they will turn up eventually. She has told me that she just wants to find them for me because it’s frustrating for her to know that they are in my collection somewhere, yet hidden away

I have the distinct impression that the book that I was originally looking for will actually take ages for me to find. Mareena told me that she was certain that it was on the bookshelf just outside my bedroom door, but when she looked for it at the same time that she found the other two books, it wasn’t there. Oh well, I’ll keep searching.

I have been watching a lot of television along with everything else, and have caught a number of horror movies. There have not been that many on like in past years, but it’s only fifteen days into October. I’m fascinated by true crime stories and true ghost stories and there have been a number of those shows being broadcast as well.

I'm immersing myself in sum-doku and sudoku puzzles as well. I managed to completely finish two sum-doku puzzle books in August. I started another sum-doku puzzle book on Friday, August 18th. Since I have only been working through this particular book for almost a month, I’m happy to say that I am almost finished with it. I also started a fresh book on Wednesday, September 20th! As of today - Sunday, October 15th - I’ve finished 93 puzzles in the first book and 35 in the new one that I just started.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I read was The Worst Thing I’ve Done: A Novel by Ursula Hegi, which I finished reading on Saturday, September 23rd. I have been trying to find something else to read for the past few days, and not having much luck. I finally chose a horror novel that I have never read before called The Brownstone by Ken Eulo; which I started reading thirteen days ago - on Monday, October 2nd. According to Goodreads - as of Sunday, October 15th - I've read 182 pages out of 332 or 54 percent of the story.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)