Saturday, October 17, 2015

Rosamunde Pilcher - Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories

65. Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories by Rosamunde Pilcher (1991)
Length: 277 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started: 13 October 2015
Finished: 17 October 2015
Where did it come from? My friend Noeleen got married in March of 2011, but before the wedding she needed to purge some of her books in the process of merging two households.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 April 2010
Why do I have it? I like short stories and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

In this second collection of short stories written after 1985's The Blue Bedroom and Other Stories, Rosamunde Pilcher writes all about love and the pinings of the heart. From the familial style to the bittersweet pang of first love, these sixteen stories showcase all the joys and sorrows experienced by a variety of lively and unique characters. Whether it's a mother's love for her son expressed as she talks to him on the morning of his wedding, or a son's enduring love for his widowed mother and sister, or a headstrong girl's first encounter with love and heartbreak: each story is written with Rosamunde Pilcher's usual warmth, flair, and wisdom.

While millions of readers have become fans of her work through reading her best-selling novels, Rosamunde Pilcher has also been writing short stories for over fifty years. Through a variety of vivid settings the reader is transported back to a simpler time and place; into a thriving world of hope and romance that has become this author's trademark. Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories leaves absolutely no doubt that Rosamunde Pilcher is that rare style of writer whose every work is like a gift of love.

In my opinion, this was a really enjoyable book to read. These are sixteen 'feel good' stories; truly heartwarming and emotionally-satisfying, just all-around delighful reading. I must say that none of the stories were all that complex or taxing for me to read; they were just nice, nice stories. I would certainly give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)