Friday, August 22, 2014

Avery Corman - A Perfect Divorce

79. A Perfect Divorce by Avery Corman (2004)
Length: 279 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 20 August 2014
Finished: 22 August 2014
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 August 2014
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and had read and enjoyed Prized Possessions by the same author in the past.


Karen and Rob Burrows are the well-intentioned parents of a teenage son, Tommy. They sincerely believe that they can avoid the emotional fallout that accompanies so many other divorces, when it comes to negotiating the demise of their own two-career marriage. Both are successful individuals and since their divorce was finalized four years ago, they have each pursued other personal relationships. However, they have managed to stay connected through their son.

When Tommy starts going off track academically, his troubles send shock waves through the relationships on all sides. Struggling under the weight of his parents' exorbitant expectations and need for denial, Tommy risks everything in order to take control of his own future. And Avery Corman manages to turn everyday life into a page-turning drama.

This is the second book by Avery Corman that I've read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I became completely engrossed in the story, and emotionally invested in the characters. The story was very well-written and believable; the characters were very much based in reality, and to me, their issues and family dynamics seemed universal. I give A Perfect Divorce by Avery Corman an A+! - If I could, I'd give this book an A+++!

A+! - (96-100%)
        
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)