Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nora Roberts - Sanctuary

32. Sanctuary by Nora Roberts (1996)
Length: 448 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 1 June 2011
Finished: 4 June 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 2011
Why do I have it? I do like contemporary mysteries and Nora Roberts is a new author for me.

Jo Ellen is a photographer who sees a photograph of her mother - young, beautiful, naked and unmistakably dead. She suffers a breakdown and goes home to Sanctuary Inn, the bed and breakfast run by her brother and sister. While there, she tries to reconnect with her brother, Brian, and sister, Lexy. Twenty years ago, the siblings' mother went missing, shattering the entire family. When Jo Ellen comes back from the hospital, the picture is missing and while at Sanctuary she meets Nathan who has secrets which might have lured a killer to Sanctuary.

I enjoyed this book - the mystery was engrossing, however I don't really like straight romance all that much. I view Nora Roberts as a romance writer primarily, and this was my first Nora Roberts novel. Overall, I enjoyed the mystery, but I felt the romance was too coincidental. I give this book a B+!


B+! - (89-85%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)