Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Margaret Drabble - A Summer Bird-Cage

37. A Summer Bird-Cage by Margaret Drabble (1962)
Length: 280 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 10 June 2010
Finished: 16 June 2010
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 24 May 2010
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Margaret Drabble is a new author for me.


Sarah has come to be a bridesmaid in her older sister's summer wedding. This is the story of Sarah and Louise's rocky adult relationship; told from Sarah's perspective as she comes to terms with her sister's new marriage. Sarah had idolized her sister as a child, and goes through a year of self-discovery as she finds her new place in her relationship with Louise. I liked this story, although it did drag in parts. I give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)