Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Philip Roth - The Ghost Writer

27. The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth (1979)
Zuckerman Bound Series Book 1
Length: 179 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 15 November 2009
Finished: 17 November 2009
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 15 September 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Philip Roth is a new author for me.

I just finished reading The Ghost Writer by Phillip Roth. Nathan Zuckerman was a 23 year old up-and-coming writer with four stories published and an author profile in the Saturday Review. He has already ruined his relationship with his family by his autobiographical work, and his relationship with his girlfriend is on the rocks because of adultery and honesty.

Visiting his reclusive idol in the Berkshires, Nathan has a chance to evaluate his life and work and finds himself turning his problems into metafiction. I found this book funny in parts and very well-written. I give it a B+!

B+! - (89-85%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)